Your home is your castle, and whether it’s inside its basement, in your kitchen, or in the backyard it is always important to keep it safe and protected. Effective pest control is one of the key ways to do this, but it’s often overlooked and written off as an expense when it’s actually an investment.
Good pest control steps are a must, and can protect your home from damage, protect your family from illness or injuries, and help maintain good property value. But it’s not enough to just set down some roach bait and assume your pest control is handled. Instead, you need to take multiple steps to get the right kind of results.
With that in mind, taking a closer look at some of the best ways to improve your pest control effectiveness is well worth doing. Here’s a rundown of some of the best things to keep in mind.
Prevention Before Eradication
The first rule of pest control is simple – prevent the issue before it begins. Every year, pests can create serious damage and problems in the home. Preventing pests instead of eradicating them is incredibly important. There are several reasons for this including:
- Many pests are hard to spot. By the time a homeowner realizes they have a pest issue, it’s already very large-scale. And when you consider that pests like termites do an average of $3,000 in damage, it is clear that preventing an issue is important.
- Not only will prevention save you money, it will make it much easier to keep your home and property fully protected. When you stop infestations before they begin, you keep the upper hand on insects.
One of the most important steps you can take is to manage habitats in and around your home. For example, standing water harbors mosquitoes. Piles of wood and other damp locations can be breeding grounds for ticks, and those same piles of wood can attract termites.
To get the most from your pest control efforts, consider managing the habitat around your home to reduce the likelihood of a pest problem occurring at all.
The Pros Are Your Best Option
There’s a reasons that the growth rate of pest control services continues to hold steady at roughly 4.5% - because they work. Again, there are several reasons that this is true:
- The pros can access more effective chemicals than the average homeowner
- Professionals know how to spot certain pests and identify them, then kill them for good
- The professionals get results through proven methods that they develop in training and with experience.
- You save time and get more of your day by letting the pros take care of things for you.
In short, the right help from the right professional will be a vital prat of getting the best results from your pest control. We can help. Contact our team at Habitat Pest Control today to learn more about what we can do for you and to get your initial property inspection by one of our skilled professionals.